Friday, July 31, 2009

infamous

Today I decided that I would do some research on pictures that have always crossed my mind and my path. My picture of the day is of Marilyn. I am such a big Marilyn fan and this is one of my fave pictures. So I had to look into who the photographer is.


Drum roll please::::: The photographer is Alfred Eisenstaedt. Come to find out he is also the photographer of another famous photo that always seems to show up everywhere.

Can you believe this two very famous pictures ironically by the same photographer. I was actually going to talk about this photo in a future post. Alfred Eisenstaedt was a German photographer and photojournalist he is well known for his candid shots though. Eisenstaedt had witnessed many things in his photographic life. He photographed a meeting between Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini in Italy. He even photographed Robert Kennedy. He, himself, is an important part of history and I suggest that you look into his many historic and beautiful images.




1 comment:

  1. This guy is the perfect example of why I love to take pictures and to look at them. To experience moments so beautiful and life changing is one thing but to be able to share it with others is priceless. Those pictures are as soft and lucious as a kiss *wink wink*.

    Video is awesome but there's that certain element that makes these pictures better. The fact theres no sound or movement to dumb down your imagination makes these pictures say a thousand words to every generation that comes.

    ...though I have to say damn thats a hell of a kiss in the second photo!

    ReplyDelete