Sunday, June 14, 2009

emotion




This wont be my only blog about emotion captured in photography, but today I decided to start it off with Jill Greenberg. She has an exhibition called the "End Times". She is known as the "manipulator" because she provokes the children by taking away their candies or toys. Cruel I know lol, but the emotion that she captures within their faces is priceless. It is said that this series was created to portray her helplessness and anger that she felt about the current political and social situation, being Bush's re-election and the whole Bush administration as a whole. It is interesting that she used the children to portray her thoughts of society. Maybe somewhat genius.

6 comments:

  1. I might sound like a scratched cd but I am so intrigued by your knowledge in photgraphers work. To move on lol I love emotional pictures it just makes you so related to the subject in the composition. Like hey she's crying wow I cry too and I look like that. Haha its like being a little kid again if that makes sense. Wonderful post, so informative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the last little girl looks like a 4 year old Bjork

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank uuuu n i def plan on finding more for u.

    lol n ur so rite luc lol i didnt even notice that lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol I just remembered one of my favorite photographers on flickr likes to do B&W pics from time to time and I'm here to share it :)

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/digital_don/3580816060/in/photostream/

    His name is Digital Don

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey suky it's Deej. I love the pics, how did you do yours like that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The 1st kid looks like he's in pain, Like he just fell off a tricycle or however little kids get hurt.lol. The 2nd one is in a pre-stage of pain, like his mom just pulled out the belt, so he know he gonna get the spankin but it just didnt happen yet. The last one...well white babies scare me.lol. Im not sure wat the hell happened to her, but she need to wipe that spit off ASAP.lol. This is cool though Suky.

    ReplyDelete