Sunday, April 18, 2010

Josef Hoflehner



Josef Hoflehner is an Austrian photographer who is well known for his black and white landscape images. He was also voted Nature Photographer of the year in 2007. I was looking for photographs by Josef Hoflehner and I was in awe. I love black and white photography and you know this is my weakness! He has amazing nature photos and these aren't your average nature shots of tree bark and spiders. He captures moments that people pass by and beautiful serene places. He just happens to be at the right place at the right time. For example the Air France Airbus A340-300 that had a super low arrival into the Charles De Gaulle airport.

1 comment:

  1. The first thing I noticed about these images are the too immense to be ignored depiction of simple everyday things we take for granted. The swarm of birds, the beauty of water under the bridge and the sea which appears to be endless. Even the plane, we in our minds we know is grand in size but dismiss it when its high in the sky.

    These pictures make me feel small (ok all jokes aside lol), I mean as a human being living on this earth. Our minds may have grown beyond our physical bodies but we still are small beings in a big world.

    These pictures make me realize beauty is in everything, you may not see it or want to but believe it sees you.

    Ah you never cease to provide these captivating pieces of work, haha youre accidently inspiring me to take my photos at a different angle. Suky...these photographers are great, thanks for sharing them to the world :)

    ReplyDelete